Thanks to everyone who made it out to the TLA last night I hope you had as much fun as we did! I spent the afternoon trudging through rush hour traffic to retrieve my amp from the shop only to have it break down once again during sound check. Then, the backup amp I borrowed had no power cord, so I had to scramble at the last minute to find a replacement. Add in some good arguments with the doorman concerning the guest list, an even better argument with the shark about contracts, broken strings and $30 that apparently walked away by itself and you have a pretty good idea of what it was like behind the scenes. I know, I know – poor little rock star. At least no one got hurt. In the end, it’s only rock-n-roll and I like it.
So, the amp is back in the shop for round four of repairs. If the treatment doesn’t take this time, I’m taking it to an exorcist or a witch doctor or something. Everyone seems to think it’s cursed. If you can help with this, let me know.
This weeks Top Five comes from none other than Joe Castro.
Top 5 Excuses Why There’s No Top Five this week
1) With the Michael Jackson trial going on, how could I concentrate on anything else, much less sleep.
2) I’ve been too busy lately between gigs, rehearsals and photo shoots….plus I’m extremely lazy.
3) My dog ate it. Actually, I don’t have a dog but there is a really nasty possum that lurks around my apartment building when the moon is full.
4) Top 5’s are so 2004…..and I’ve run out of friends to do my dirty work for me.
5) The man is always keeping me down. And you know what – I really hate it when cops just run red lights for no reason. I’m sorry but they’re supposed to follow the same laws and rules that we all do.
Tonight, we’re back at the khyber – I hope to see you there. Have a great weekend everybody.